What Hand Sanitizer Can Teach Us About Cybersecurity - Lessons learned while trying to stay healthy while walking around the RSA security conference.Read More
In episode 17 of The Privacy Blog Podcast for February, 2014 I talk about:
- The just completed RSA Security conference
- How an email can expose your location
- A guy who suffered extortion because his username was so valuable.
- What happened in the latest Bitcoin fiasco
- Exactly how secure Apple’s iMessage protocol is
- And finally how insurance companies may drive changes in cyber security
Since relatively few of you had a chance to hear my talk at RSA, here is a re-recording I did of the presentation I uploaded to YouTube.
It runs just under 30 minutes.
The talk is the flip side of my usual presentations. I typically talk about how to be stealthy on the Internet. This time I was talking to network defenders about how to identify people using privacy technologies, and to use that information to help them strengthen their network defenses.